Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Last Day in the USA

Hi all! As I'm sure most of you know, tomorrow I embark on my 4 month journey abroad. I am studying at MCI in Innsbruck, Austria. This city is LITERALLY the center of Europe (see below), so during my time off I plan to travel as much as I can.


My Goodbye Dinner!
Euros for my first few days!

 I have spent this last week saying goodbye to all of my friends and family, eating all of my favorite foods, and trying to fit 4 months of living into 2 suitcases (yes, it really is impossible). I want to thank all of my friends and family for helping me celebrate, you guys have been amazing!

Like I said- Impossible.
 Today will be my last day in the United States until June 29th! If you know me I'm sure you can already guess how I plan to spend it-- Tullys Kennel and Chipotle.

Tomorrow I fly to Chicago, London, and then Munich. From there a shuttle is picking Mitchell and I up and taking us into Innsbruck, which is about an hour and a half drive. I will then immediately move into my unfurnished dorm and make a massive trip to Ikea (hell yes!) Total trip time is about 16 hours... hopefully the zzzquil will kick in on the plane and I'll be able to sleep! Orientation doesn't start until March 4th so I'll have a few days to get settled and accustomed to my new city! Check back here for updates and photos-- I'll try to post as often as I can!

Auf Wiedersehen :)

--Carly




3 comments:

  1. Bon Voyage, sis! I will be living vicariously though you these next few months :) Love you and live it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time and we will see you when you get back, Love Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carly!!!! I can't believe this day is already here!! I will miss you so so much, but I know this is the path you were meant to take!! You will meet so many incredible people and see amazing new places in Europe!! I hope you fall in love with Austria and have the time of your life over there! Please stay safe and for god sakes EAT!!! ;) I love you and I will be patiently waiting for more updates and pictures!! I miss you already! XOXOXOXOXO

    Love Bri <3 :)

    ReplyDelete